Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

2 posters

Narcissistic Abuse Victim Syndrome - Symptoms and aftermath

Leyla Loric
    Leyla Loric

Narcissistic Abuse Victim Syndrome - Symptoms and aftermath Empty Narcissistic Abuse Victim Syndrome - Symptoms and aftermath

Post by Leyla Loric Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:18 pm

Hello everyone,

Me and Richard Grannon spoke about the Narcissistic Abuse Victim Syndrome and the results of an abusive relationship.

Listen to the interview here:

I hope you found that useful!

How are you coping / dealing with the painful feelings after the emotional abuse?
    gigiminer
    gigiminer

Narcissistic Abuse Victim Syndrome - Symptoms and aftermath Empty Re: Narcissistic Abuse Victim Syndrome - Symptoms and aftermath

Post by gigiminer Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:29 am

Thank you both.

I write. I've always written something. Sadly, much of my writing was being used as a weapon and ammunition, so I had to destroy pretty much all of it that wasn't already published.

But, as I wait for my freedom, I am writing again, just in some different ways so he can't get the info or I have to change how I write. As I'm working through things, I'm writing...recording feelings, moments, thoughts. Who knows, maybe one day it will help someone else.

Maybe it's part of the people-pleaser thing, but I can't see any reason to bother with all this (apart from healing myself) if it's not going to help someone else, so that's my focus (in part) as I move forward. Here's an excerpt from what I just wrote (sparked from your audio) - kindly ignore bad writing, etc...it's raw, not edited. Smile :

"We’re never going to be completely healed. We’ll get better…but you can’t erase what’s happened to you. If we wait until we’re healed to help someone else, we’ll never bother. Some people whom I listen to for help are obviously still wounded to some degree. That makes me feel better. They’re human. They still have issues. But here they are, trying to help. That lets me know that if I want to help, I can. Even if I look like a friggin’ idiot, at least someone might see that as honest and open and take some comfort from it.

Different people need different people. Sounds totally silly there. But I can help one person but not another. Someone else might be of help to the person whom I can’t help. We find teachers that speak to our souls. Not all are compatible. But when you find one who is, it makes a big difference to your healing."

Thus, I appreciate anyone who "puts themselves out there" and lets their wounds show. It's brave and it helps someone who's still highly vulnerable feel less alone. We don't have to be perfect to heal. We don't have to be perfect to help someone else heal. We just have to be.
    Leyla Loric
    Leyla Loric

Narcissistic Abuse Victim Syndrome - Symptoms and aftermath Empty Re: Narcissistic Abuse Victim Syndrome - Symptoms and aftermath

Post by Leyla Loric Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:30 pm

Gigiminer - One of the most important steps towards healing is to process your feelings. I think that your writing is a way of doing this, to write you need to look inside of yourself and explore. Just taking a moment away from everything and observing it is a way of becoming aware of what is happening around you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:41 am