Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

2 posters

Finally starting to feel a little bit of positive thoughts

trueself1
    trueself1

Finally starting to feel a little bit of positive thoughts Empty Finally starting to feel a little bit of positive thoughts

Post by trueself1 Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:16 pm

I had broke away from a few narcissists in the last couple months and realizing that I've been extremely codependent. So it's been hell because I had decided to really cut out people and it was really uncomfortable for the last couple months or so. I'm not even sure exactly how many weeks it's been because I was in such a fog and the days and nights kinda just kept going without me. I was checked out and shutin my little apartment for awhile.

I was beginning to worry that I was not coming out of this. I'm sure it's not over because the pain comes and goes in waves but I think a little bit of hope is starting to creep back in. I read about recovery from codependency and learned that the first three months when you break off these relationships will feel like withdrawal so it helped knowing that I was going to be in extreme discomfort. It's been hard to reach out for support during the withdrawal phase because I was so out of it. It seems to be getting a little better now though.

There's also some additional addiction issues, not hardcore ones but I know it's because it's a way of coping. I'm hoping that if I work at becoming happy and getting rid of the toxic people that the addictions will phase out eventually. Just thought I would share some thoughts today flower

gigiminer
    gigiminer

Finally starting to feel a little bit of positive thoughts Empty Re: Finally starting to feel a little bit of positive thoughts

Post by gigiminer Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:11 am

You should be very proud of yourself. It's no easy task to not only make such a break but to open yourself up. Congratulations. Smile

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:31 pm