Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

Mother in Law

Franks

Mother in Law Empty Mother in Law

Post by Franks Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi,
    I have been married to my husband for over ten years now - and ever since we have gotten married, my mother in law has turned into a monster in law - from everything I have researched I believe she is a covert narcissist.

I have since had twin boys - who are currently 4 months old.
    Ever since their birth she has become even more controlling, manipulative & disrespectful towards me. I have tried to put up boundaries, but these have been completely ignored...
    Therefore I have basically stopped her from seeing my children ss I don't think she is a very healthy person for them to be around.

I am now receiving pressure from family to allow her to see them as she is their grandmother. I am very confusedd on what I should do.
    She has been very emotionally abusive towards me for years - and everything within me is telling me to keep her away from my children.
    But I'm finding it very hard to trust myself, especially when I'm being told she should be able to see them.
    (My husband is very supportive toward me, and is aware of his mother's narcissitic tendencies.)
    But he also doesn't want to apply the no contact - where I want absolutely no contact.
    Do I trust my instincts & keep my children away from her? Or do I allow supervised visits? I am so confused & not sure what to do.
    I just want the best for my children.

Thank you so much! Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Xx

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 pm