Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

+120
daisy4
jcartCH
monkert67
jenny4
guac
TaniaC
lostnature12
Adey
anon7
Tam
FaithHeart
veerle
Unknown Self
leesdancer
Sapphire&Steel
wepnode
LFA
GRT
ffffff
BecomingMyself-ish
Bexg
Nico
Lyrics Words
Eaglewoman
gypsy
joanna87
JHoo
luv2dancesalsa
Zaydee
Potential63
pRhys
MidnightOwl
dahdooronron
aprilrain
Sia
madgirl
lyndaleppard41@gmail.com
Recuperating
jenjen
GS2353
Musashi of CPTSD
blahblah77
eddiemami
spooky
Lopiza
ss
Scarlet Izzy
julie67
HermitElf
talha
femmedelaren
MrHogg
dre!cali
whateverdontcare
Amandar
Hope4afuture
chanc arise
sky_girl
NotSoZen
noreen1152
Lost in Translation
Jake84
Eva
Li(f)e
kklein
Confidentbeauty
parallax
brbdinner
Pipers4april
Mar
Jake2
cariad
jax55
Xerxes
BMorganStrong
cptsdearalope
gigiminer
ronaldkershaw
WenDW
Mountain time
SillyMilly77
FeWolf
Otter
trueself1
cygnus_olor
jazzycat
Darren
Neowuf
Undisclosed87
Warrior Princess
zorbie2009
LOA
Chucky
Indigo
breakaway
gottalaugh
Gemini
Gentile
alpineflower60
fantomen67
MJ
NR76
Jedeyewarrior
CoCo
Doremi
kyra
Dolce Vita
dcherryblossom86
Magic
Infid Elle
lostgirl
CcJencC
rosanerio
Trixietaipan
that_that_revolves
cream-of-samyangay
A2Z
Guy de Cervens
Richard Grannon
124 posters

welcome to the forum, introduce yourself :)

Richard Grannon
    Richard Grannon
    Admin

welcome to the forum, introduce yourself :) Empty welcome to the forum, introduce yourself :)

Post by Richard Grannon Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:15 am

hey guys, welcome
    Guy de Cervens

welcome to the forum, introduce yourself :) Empty Re: welcome to the forum, introduce yourself :)

Post by Guy de Cervens Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:42 am

Hello, I'm totally paranoid so I don't write stuff about myself online : )
    A2Z
    A2Z

welcome to the forum, introduce yourself :) Empty kind of sort of an intro.. eh maybe :oops:

Post by A2Z Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:00 am

Hello. Although I'm not paranoid, I am often accused of it.

I like the youtube videos but unfortunately, I discovered them too late to interact via youtube now, since all comments now are designated "google plus". Having registered for it once, and getting kicked off for not owning a "real name". I figure this, never give anyone information they already have (is that paranoid? maybe it is..) (my "non paranoid" mate has taught me that, I just take it one step farther)

Its always been my personal ethics to be open and honest, but maybe I've acquired more rewards because of it retrospect vs the problems, but still have some blocks to overcome.

I've discovered, the stronger you get, the stronger the challenges and challengers seem to get.

I hope that I can be both insightful as well as receive insight for my own complexities that I am working on in my ongoing process.

P.S. I wanted to know the rates of coaching so I may gain this insight (guilt free) I suspect there is great value and this Spartan Life Coach "philosophy" is the first time I felt like "this guy has a clue".

Last edited by AlterEgoTrip_Se on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding new/ old informtion spelling errors)
    Richard Grannon
    Richard Grannon
    Admin

welcome to the forum, introduce yourself :) Empty Re: welcome to the forum, introduce yourself :)

Post by Richard Grannon Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:10 am

Hey there, yes one thing I did not mention in the video is that the new google+ comments actually messes with peoples anonymity and we have even had two "domestics" kick off in the comments because spouse/ex gf saw what was posted and didnt like it.

Given the subject matter its important to maintain anonymity.

Thanks for being here.
    cream-of-samyangay

Post by cream-of-samyangay Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:40 am

Hi,

I'm a Russian living in Israel. I meant to give my real world name but with the previous comments regarding anonymity I'm not sure if I should.  tongue 

Got here through the spartan life coach video about Christmas. Gotta say that I can't really relate to this being a sad time of year, I'm somewhat neutral toward it.
    In Russia Christmas is new year, it's indistinguishable. In Israel it's called the night of Silvester, something to do with a pope who was at 314–335 AD that died at December 31st.

So what will this forum be about exactly?
    Will we try to get a meta-awareness of our weird and perverted little quirks and try to transmute them into something more productive? Smile
    Richard Grannon
    Richard Grannon
    Admin

Post by Richard Grannon Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:09 am

haha! that would be a good start yes
    that_that_revolves

Post by that_that_revolves Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:21 pm

So glad we have this, I was 'busted' by my ex, and it did cause me to self-edit  No  (sorry Patrice). So glad I can speak freely here.
    Richard Grannon
    Richard Grannon
    Admin

Post by Richard Grannon Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:53 am

Very Happy  welcome
    Trixietaipan

Post by Trixietaipan Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:16 am

Hi everyone. Timely post today as I officially just had my first silly season meltdown. I finished off my three essays for college ( studying counselling and psychotherapy) and was hit with a whump ( going a bit Dr Seuss on u all but that it how it felt). This will be the 3 rd Christmas without my husband who died young, suddenly and as a result on med neg and I miss him terribly. My 9 year old daughter who is a real empath is also sad, watching old footage of us together and trying to pick up other kid's Dad's at the beach for me....(hilarious and sad).
    To top it off a month or so ago I blew up the family system! Whoops. Can't say I'm sad about it. Reality is reality and those I am now estranged from are just too damn dangerous.
    So Xmas will be heading down to the local wharf at 8 where Santa arrives by speedboat and gives our presents, a quiet brunch and a swim. I keep reminding myself it is just a day and my values don't really encompass rampant consumerism, pissed people or pudding.
    I live in a well heeled community (for now) where everyone is killing themselves to make things just perrrrrfect for their kids. I can never do perfect for my girl cos I can't bring her Dad back which kind of let's me off the hook. Still trying to work out how to navigate my little family of two but after sloughing off my fucked family of origin I know in my heart that anything else has got to better.
    It's just a day, and as Janis Joplin once said, it's all the same day. Peace to everyone struggling and enjoy the people you choose, not the ones you inherit. Smile
    Richard Grannon
    Richard Grannon
    Admin

Post by Richard Grannon Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:53 am

Hey, thanks for sharing

"I keep reminding myself it is just a day and my values don't really encompass rampant consumerism, pissed people or pudding." this made me laugh.

welcome to the forum
    rosanerio
    rosanerio

welcome to the forum, introduce yourself :) Empty welcome to the forum, introduce yourself :)

Post by rosanerio Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi! I'm Rosane: basically I am an ex-pro-athlete (rower) who loves Art...
    I'm the one asking about motivation, self sabotage, codependency,etc,etc,etc..I have loaaads of questions,loaaads of things going on inside my mind,loads of "?"..
    I live between Brazil and the UK (where I 'm supposed to be studying), am in Brazil right now trying to stay mentally sane among my family  and friends.
    Bumped into your channel when I was looking for a video about codependency ( I think I mentioned this before..)..and, right now I just came to the conclusion that: Life is not thaaaaaat difficult, but is SO complex!!! Yes: Morpheus was right about taking that bloody pill... Smile 
    .. lots of questions will arrive in here..... affraid 
    Keep it up!
    R.
    Richard Grannon
    Richard Grannon
    Admin

Post by Richard Grannon Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:49 pm

cheers Roseane!
    CcJencC

Post by CcJencC Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Just found your channel on youtube this week. I find you to be very insightful and you come at problems from so many different angles (does that make sense?) and I like that. I feel like you just get it! I am Jen, I think I have a Narcissistic mother, although Borderline PD also seems to fit. And I haven't spoken to her for a little over a year. It's been great! But I do hear things from other people and the lies she tells are infuriating (not to mention the sabotage tactics). :-/ I have a pretty positive outlook on life, but that anger from the past and present abuse is still in there somewhere. i also have verbal confrontation issues. I shake, dry mouth, throat constriction, and sometimes even cry. Your video about that really shined a light on the reason WHY I get like that. And that is invaluable. I relate personally to many of your videos, so I thank you for making them! Smile
    lostgirl

Post by lostgirl Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:37 am

I found your videos about a month ago and they've helped so much.

Last year I was searching for an explanation for my mother's behavior. I found some information about narcissism and immediately the bells started ringing. After a year of feeling crazy I've decided to leave my family. I'd hoped they would change and I wouldn't have to leave. They haven't and when I try to talk about our problems they pretend they don't exist. Your videos reminded me of the information I found last year and that I can't live under my mother's thumb forever. Thank you so much for the videos and this forum.
    Richard Grannon
    Richard Grannon
    Admin

Post by Richard Grannon Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:41 am

thanks and welcome to the forum
    Infid Elle

Post by Infid Elle Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:32 pm

Hello, I discovered the Spartan Life Coach channel a couple of months ago so I am still working through all the videos. I am really enjoying Richards work and I deeply resonate with a lot of the ideologies and concepts discussed in the videos so far.

Due to having rife ADHD, I am not the best with focus and the written word so my responses and contributions will not be as comprehensive as I would like. Maybe I should start a Youtube channel!

Richard Grannon
    Richard Grannon
    Admin

Post by Richard Grannon Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:59 am

welcome Infidelle
    Magic

Post by Magic Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:46 pm

Hi, I'm new here.
    I've just begun learning about narcissism, literally 2 days ago.
    It describes my mother very accurately and now I am being flooded with huge emotions, and questions.
    I am kind of devastated yet relieved that there is some explanation.
    But now I am finding myself looking at my hubby and even myself with worry.
    ie: if she whom I have adored all my life, worshipped even, and strived to emulate has turned out to be such a sham...
    Who can I trust?
    Not even myself.

My sister emailed the link to one of your videos today, and I have spent the day ignoring housework and watching youtube, and reading articles.
    Richard Grannon
    Richard Grannon
    Admin

Post by Richard Grannon Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi Angi, welcome
    Infid Elle

Post by Infid Elle Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:58 pm

Hey Angi,

I can imagine that being quite a shocking revelation for you.

I began learning about narcissism because someone accused me of being "narcissistic" because of my interest in bodybuilding. I was shocked and horrified to discover that indeed NPD is rife in my family.

On the positive side, it explains why I isolated myself and moved countries to avoid my family.  I always felt like "the black sheep" but now I am understanding that it is not me that is "sick" per se, it is the narcissism inherent in my family.

I have for a while been analysing myself and trying to disseminate what behaviours are my ADHD/Aspergers and what is the residue narcissism that I have inherited from my family. It's been a real head f$%k!!
    Magic

Post by Magic Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:36 am

Yep, huge shock, I was denying it at first as I do love her.
    I'm going to start a seperate thread as I don't want overtake this introductions area.
    But I have a couple of issues which are fairly urgent in terms of my need to decide what to do.
    I do have my own psychologist but she is on holidays and I can't see her for a couple of weeks.
    I'll start a new thread about narcissism rather than go on here.
    dcherryblossom86

welcome to the forum, introduce yourself :) Empty Hi

Post by dcherryblossom86 Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:02 am

Hi All,

I am from and live in the US. I joined this forum after having first viewed and connected to several of Richard Grannon's Youtube videos. As for many of the video topics dealing with narcissism, I found it particularly interesting given its relevancy in my own life, specifically with my family of origin and mother. I am not here to try and change her but to instead learn how not let that relationship dynamic replay itself in my life. I hope to learn from others stories and share my own. I look forward to hearing from everyone on this forum.

N.
    Infid Elle

Post by Infid Elle Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:10 am

Welcome cherryblossom it sounds you have come to the right place! xxx
    Magic

Post by Magic Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:58 am

Hi cherryblossom Smile
    I'm on a journey learning about narcissism too.
    dcherryblossom86

Post by dcherryblossom86 Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:48 am

Hi, Infidelle and Magic.  Smile 

Thanks for the welcome.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:48 pm