Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

3 posters

Is it possible to have two narcissistic parents?

Mar

Is it possible to have two narcissistic parents? Empty Is it possible to have two narcissistic parents?

Post by Mar Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:13 pm

Hello Richard,

Is it possible for two narcissictic people to have a relationship?

My late father was a fullblown narcissist, but he and my mother had a can't live with, can't live without relationship. They fought the hell out of each other, my father fysically and verbally and my mother emotionally. She could drive him insane with her cold attitude.

He's long gone, but she's still alive and mean as hell. Covert that is, sly and manipulative. Always favoring my youngest sister and her daughther and grandson. Always sending me pictures of the last one mentioned. He is very cute I have to admit, but so was my son when he was much younger. She hardly ever paid any attention to him.

I on the other hand was my father's favorite daughter. My mother made me pay for that for many years after his death. Even when I told her about the sexual abuse. It didn't take her long to flatly deny that ever happened ans she does so still. ( she's 77. I am 56 and my father died 33 years ago.)

Every now and then I get confused. Not about him, he was sadistic on the side. But about her, because she also showed traits of a people pleaser/ co- dependent. She used to fawn al lot around him.
    Michael45

Is it possible to have two narcissistic parents? Empty Re: Is it possible to have two narcissistic parents?

Post by Michael45 Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:03 pm

Deleted post .

Last edited by Michael45 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:10 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Wrong post)
    MrHogg

Is it possible to have two narcissistic parents? Empty Re: Is it possible to have two narcissistic parents?

Post by MrHogg Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:25 pm

Hi Michael,

It is possible. My wife and I have during our fifties discovered that both our mothers have npd (cluster B, we believe), and both our fathers (+one stepfather) deeply codependent.

Best
    MrHogg
    Mar

Post by Mar Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:17 pm

Thank you for your reply mr. Hogg and for sharing your own experience.

However, my name is not Michael and I'm still hoping that Richard himself will elaborate on this question... flower
    MrHogg

Post by MrHogg Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:21 pm

Oh, sorry about mistaking your name, Mar - and yes, I would like to hear Richards elaboration too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:39 am