Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

3 posters

I can only work hard when I'm scared

Justin Allingham

I can only work hard when I'm scared Empty I can only work hard when I'm scared

Post by Justin Allingham Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:33 am

A large part of my reason for doing things as a kid was fear of my father and in a different way fear of my mother. Now as an adult I have for many years found that unless the situation is dire and I have some massive external pressure operating upon me my focus intensity and effort are seriously lacking. I struggle to clearly articulate a clear plan, manage competing priorities and work with consistent intensity and enthusiasm. I feel like I'm swimming in honey. I am a co dependent people pleaser with porous ego boundaries. My father was weak with my mother and a bully,with me. They were controlling, judgemental, physically and emotionally abusive. How can I learn to be hardworking, internally motivated and focussed. How can I regain my semangat? Thank you Richard for everything you've done for me. You have changed my life.
    Potential63

I can only work hard when I'm scared Empty Re: I can only work hard when I'm scared

Post by Potential63 Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:16 pm

Focus on only one goal at a time. Break it down into manageable pieces. When you decide on that goal, do your best to be consistent with it for two weeks. It takes that long to change a behavior.

Whatever you are passionate about, that is a great focus point for motivation.
    parallax
    parallax

I can only work hard when I'm scared Empty Re: I can only work hard when I'm scared

Post by parallax Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:45 pm

Potential63 wrote:Focus on only one goal at a time.  Break it down into manageable pieces. When you decide on that goal, do your best to be consistent with it for two weeks.  It takes that long to change a behavior.

Whatever you are passionate about, that is a great focus point for motivation.

What a great point! This has been a most helpful reminder.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:44 am