Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

Borderline Personality Disorder

Ashleigh44

Borderline Personality Disorder Empty Borderline Personality Disorder

Post by Ashleigh44 Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:24 am

I have started wondering if I am actually Borderline rather than having CPTSD.
    Can CPTSD become Borderline?
    At what point does a personality disorder actually develop if all these things are routed in trauma/abuse? What's the difference?

I definitely have a history of being in abusive relationships and I assumed I had CPTSD because I have triggers that cause intense unbearable emotions which leave me non-functioning for days at a time. My biggest trigger is abandonment. As soon as I detect and ounce of that happening, I go into meltdown mode. Most of the time though, the threat isn't even real. And I often bring about abandonment myself from being too paranoid about it, saying things to make them go away, or just abandoning them before they do it to me. I have a psychiatrist who is doing dialectical therapy with me which I found out is to treat BPD, but they haven't clarified my diagnosis and I am worried because from the things I have read online, people with BPD aren't well liked and there's little hope. I seem to have all the symptoms of it too, but also of CPTSD.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:48 pm