Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

2 posters

Everyone you meet must be part of a dysfunctional family

NotSoZen
    NotSoZen

Everyone you meet must be part of a dysfunctional family Empty Everyone you meet must be part of a dysfunctional family

Post by NotSoZen Tue May 10, 2016 11:46 am

Editing.

After realizing that cluster b people are about 1 in 10 people, it made sense that their children would all be some form of victims of cluster b. Be it the golden child, the scapegoat or one of the other roles. Which means, that society is riddled with various degrees of victims. Most of which, are not aware of why they are that way and they don't ask questions.

I also see a tendency towards strong minded individuals being the scapegoats and the ones primarily looking for answers and not wanting to give up. Where the golden children tend to be people who are more easy going perhaps. It's a kaleidoscope of people so it is not fair to put them into boxes, I know. I just notice this need to *not* challenge authority and to believe the crazy stories the parents or bosses or whatever it is, dishes out. For whatever reason.

The main thought was just, that if just about everyone in society has narc fleas, it explains why people shut down when the scapegoats talk. Unless they were in the same position, themselves, at some point.

(The previous post was so muddled, that I re-wrote this, to clarify.)
    Monkeys'n'Fireworks
    Monkeys'n'Fireworks

Everyone you meet must be part of a dysfunctional family Empty Re: Everyone you meet must be part of a dysfunctional family

Post by Monkeys'n'Fireworks Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:40 am

Hey Zen,

I have had this same type of thought, and can totally relate to your insight. I often see it more as there being an epidemic of codependency in our culture, and then all the shadows of codependency come from that, including narc.

The way I've been seeing it is that perhaps we have an epidemic of unhealed childhood trauma in the world, and the vast majority of people have some sort of work to do along these lines. It may be that it's not if people have been traumatized, to what degree they have been traumatized. I'm seeing it everywhere, not that I'm attuned to it

I realize that such broad statements may well be projection, or a case of "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail...", but it still certainly seems this way to me

What really was attention grabbing for me was reading Pete Walker's book on CPTSD and realizing that his 4F's model is actually a very elegant, if perhaps simple, model of personality types. It seems to sum up so many people that I know so well.

It makes sense to me that a stuck Fight or Flight response may be at the foundation of most people's Identities and dysfunction. That trauma is more the norm than we realize, and that this may be a major reason why humanity is in the state its in.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:15 am