Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

Trauma dependency and covert narcissism

Yann1

Trauma dependency and covert narcissism Empty Trauma dependency and covert narcissism

Post by Yann1 Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:55 pm

I'm new to this forum and would really appreciate advice.  My husband is a covert narcissist (his dad was too).  i've been oblivious to the depth of my codependency (my parents were alcoholics) and his covert narcissism for decades.  Now I'm beginning to see the whole ugly picture, I'm devastated at the toll our joint mental illnesses have taken on our daughters.  Is it possible that a child (now adult with a child of her own) can suffer from trauma dependency (I think that's the term) with regard to my husband, to the point that her behaviour resembles covert narcissism?  She refuses to engage in any conversation about my husband's behaviour and recently referred to me as 'someone' in a text to him (he showed me the text).  Whilst I have been increasingly aware that my daughter and I's relationship was strained - it's obviously far worse than I thought.  I believe that as I have been 'moving away' emotionally form my husband (he lives in my house so I can't physically move away and he won't move out) he has been spreading a smear campaign about me to my daughter and her husband.  Any suggestions on how to reach my daughter?  I can't wait to see the back of my husband but I am in shock at the thought of losing my daughter and that my granddaugher could eventually be affected. Is it too late to break the cycle?  I'm praying it isn't.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:46 am