Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

Does Anybody Else feel like CPTSD describes a huge chunk of the population?

Monkeys'n'Fireworks
    Monkeys'n'Fireworks

Does Anybody Else feel like CPTSD describes a huge chunk of the population? Empty Does Anybody Else feel like CPTSD describes a huge chunk of the population?

Post by Monkeys'n'Fireworks Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:23 pm

Hey All,

like many of you, I came here by discovering Richard's fantastic work on Narcissism. And after watching a lot of videos, I became aware the distinction of CPTSD as it's own type of disorder. As recommended by Richard, I read Pete Walker's book Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving, and it has completely been a revelation as to what's happening inside of me, and how to work with it. Fantastic read, and a solid recommendation! Thanks, Richie!

Here's the thing though:

I realize that "when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail". However, when I look at the 4F types and how their dysfunction can range from personality imbalances all the way to Personality Disorders, and I look around at all the personalities in my life, online, etc, it seems like we live in a culture where the vast majority of people exist somewhere on the trauma spectrum. Am I the only one who feels this way? Could this possibly be accurate???

Do you think it's possible that a large majority of our culture is composed of people with unresolved childhood trauma to work out? Or is this just me being crazy and pointing the finger out at the world? Smile

It almost seems as it most people have some form of CPTSD, and what varies is not so much whether or not they have it, but to what degree of severity do they have it?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:09 am