Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

4 posters

CPTSD or BPD?

carrioncrow

CPTSD or BPD? Empty CPTSD or BPD?

Post by carrioncrow Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:28 pm

If you ever struggled because you tick some boxes of BPD or have been diagnosed as having BPD, and think you're going crazy because you don't know whether it's CPTSD or Borderline, which happened to me, here's a chart I just found which was extremely helpful to me telling the difference. It was in German so i translated it into English.

Maybe it helps somebody.

Cheers,
    Carrion Crow

CPTSD or BPD? Cptsd_bpd
    Leyla Loric
    Leyla Loric

CPTSD or BPD? Empty Chart

Post by Leyla Loric Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm

Hi Carrion,

Thank you for this chart.

May I ask you who the chart was made by (a psychologist or perhaps someone else)?

Very interesting, thank you again.

Leyla Loric
    carrioncrow

CPTSD or BPD? Empty Re: CPTSD or BPD?

Post by carrioncrow Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:06 pm

Hi Leyla,

so sorry for replying so late, but it seems that just prior to your reply, I had my break-down and spent 3 months in a clinic, as a consequence of my traumatic and toxic affair. But intense therapy, being away from everything, focusing on my strengths and weaknesses made me emerge as a phoenix from the ashes Wink

To answer your question, I borrowed and translated the slide from here:
    http://www.martinsack.de/_downloads/Komplexe_PTBS_Diagnose_im_Wandel_der_Zeit_Goettingen_2016.pdf

The presentation seems to have beene assembled by Prof. Dr. med. Martin Sack, apparently affiliated with the "Traumastation – Asklepios Fachklinikum Göttingen" and the "Klinik für Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie" in Munich.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!
    trueself1
    trueself1

CPTSD or BPD? Empty I more and more think I fall into the borderline personality disorder category.

Post by trueself1 Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:00 pm

To what degree, I have no idea, but it certainly has caused me significant impairment occupationally and trouble with maintaining relationships even with non-cluster B persons. The only people who come back around me are usually cluster B since they can't maintain normal relationships either lol! I know it's not funny, but I'm trying not to make it so depressing.
    wepnode
    wepnode

CPTSD or BPD? Empty Better Choices

Post by wepnode Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:00 pm

Nope, but i have been, for a long time, trying to separate BPD from NPD.  Many traits are so similar.  I'm giving up on trying to separate them.  I had to stop reading the book, "I Hate You--Don't Leave Me: Understanding the Borderline Personality" by Jerold J. Kreisman and Hal Straus, because it was causing me to lean in the wrong direction towards my ex.  I've just finished the book.  There's a review at PsychCentral:  http://psychcentral.com/lib/i-hate-you-dont-leave-me-understanding-the-borderline-personality/

For anyone looking to change how they "choose" future partners,
    I would like to suggest "The Science of Happily Ever After", by Ty Tashiro.   Compared to what we've been through, it was a relief to see "traits" simply listed as Openness, Conscientiousness, Extroversion, Agreeableness, and NEUROTICISM (finally i don't have to discern NARC from BPD, etc.  Co-morbidity-no-more.  "Neurotic" is the trait).

This author explains the science behind the way we humans make our choices, examines the effectiveness of these traditional methods, and teaches us how to improve our odds, but does so in an accessible way.   Our pair-bonding selections are universal and biologically-based, but antiquated/flawed at this precise moment in time, much in the way salt and sugar are so tempting.  You don't have to put on your thinking-cap for this book.  After all i've been through, it was an uplifting and very useful read.

Sponsored content

CPTSD or BPD? Empty Re: CPTSD or BPD?

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:42 am