Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

I slid backwards for a bit but then pulling myself back again :)

trueself1
    trueself1

I slid backwards for a bit but then pulling myself back again :) Empty I slid backwards for a bit but then pulling myself back again :)

Post by trueself1 Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:44 pm

As I was watching the last couple vids by Richard and the podcast, I realize that I'm still holding on to old patterns.
    Like I'm noticing that a part of me is resisting the healing process lately and I want go back into this childlike ambivalent state.
    Today I woke up with the immature mindset again and then decided that I must pull myself out of this or I'm not going to get
    anything done. So I did EMDR, audio affirmations, and deep breathing for 20 mins with timer set. I'm still in shock at how simple
    and quickly this appears to snap me back into reality and the present moment.

There is a reason I had slipped backwards but I won't go into it right now. I'm a little better at coping with the setback and
    not getting completely derailed which I do consider to be progress. Anyway, I was just going to say that I recognize how
    important my intent is when it comes to really getting over this stuff. I slide backwards because I've been so comfortable
    with misery for so long that its as if there is a fear of healing and moving forward. A part of me doesn't believe that I can be   any other way than I have been.I didn't expect so much conflict with the healing process.

After this last session of EMDR/NLP, I really noticed how stubborn I can be with regards to accepting reality.
    This is really is something you have to try to make an effort to make yourself concious of on a daily basis
    because it just doesn't come natural at all for me yet. I have noticed some improvement, and I'am slowly
    becoming aware of these states where I dissociate and feel like I'm in a flashback. I do feel that doing the
    EMDR can also help me come out of the flashback a little bit eazier. Later everyone! flower

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:42 am