Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

2 posters

Most recent Video (audio) ("False Ecconomy of Nice Guy")

A2Z
    A2Z

Most recent Video (audio) ("False Ecconomy of Nice Guy") Empty Most recent Video (audio) ("False Ecconomy of Nice Guy")

Post by A2Z Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:48 am

You both brought up some very interesting points I wish I had thought about earlier on.

I would like to talk about this topic in more detail since I feel like I have something to add to the conversation considering I got the kind of naturally deconstructivist type; an outsider yet an insider, he has much of the similar qualities of my self,  although others would tell me he is "insensitive", since I haven't learned much about "insensitivity" and identifying it until recently BECAUSE when you grow up in that kind of environment where women are not, (and me being the cry baby) I can tell you, in some cases, women can be absolutely brutal to each other. The most violence I have ever experienced in my life has been at the hands of other women.

The most emotional violence I have experienced has been at the hands of men, but not out of "insensitivity" but deliberate emotional manipulation.

I live on the edge of things, I was the girl who had both male and female friends. Many male friends because the areas in life I enjoy tend to be semi "male dominated" such as playing in a band as well as the type of music and the instruments I played and even now, I am in a generally "male dominated" format: "machinima" which is generally a genre of animation dominated by males between the ages of 15-50.

What is it that makes those of us who are more "technical" minded so, "different"? I have no clue, but I know for one thing, I am specific to my type.. I'm not sure about the "Good Will Hunting" reference but I saw "Blade Runner" when I was 14;

(I also really enjoyed a recent Amine series which was very cool about criminalizing differences and psychological attitude in a "Utopian society", of course it shows you the "Utopia" but then shows you the dark underside and cost to the individual, and was a brilliant illustration of why "Anarchism" is the an answer...and why you need it)

(the series I mention is called Psycho-Pass) (I had a link to more information but your format does not allow for a link for 7 days) Embarassed 

Just off the top of my head. Much work to do today.. just wanted to share my few ideas. Just enjoyed the perspective of the talk since I also know that I too have seen that passive aggressive side of men who pretend to be "nice" but really hold violent grudges against women... and harbour serious destructive feelings towards women they believe they "deserve".
    rosanerio
    rosanerio

Most recent Video (audio) ("False Ecconomy of Nice Guy") Empty False economy of the nice guy

Post by rosanerio Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:49 am

I see you've removed the video from youtube...

Anyhow: I don't believe there's 'coincidence' in relationships - and Eva Pierrakos
    (Pathwork)explain it very well- relationships are mirrors, and we attract or are attracted to, people who in some ways reflect ourselves: the 'nice guy' reflects the 'nice me', in a simplistic way. But I do believe that people,anyone, enters our lives for a reason, to teach us something ( I think it's Louise Hay who says that we're masters to each other)
    Easy to understand in theory, but when hormones get in the way, go and tell the guy/girl you're going out with that she/he is manipulating you....she/he is mirroring you!! but this is not bad, as this 'mirroring' is a way that Life finds to tell us to pay attention to our own lives...so, according to Pierrakos, there's no 'bad' or 'nice' guy: there's just YOU attracting people who'll teach you something. Makes you think, doesn't it??

Last edited by rosanerio on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    rosanerio
    rosanerio

Most recent Video (audio) ("False Ecconomy of Nice Guy") Empty Re: Most recent Video (audio) ("False Ecconomy of Nice Guy")

Post by rosanerio Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:06 am

...and oddly enough, always before embarking on a relationship, I kinda of ask myself what is this guy mirroring...but, the hormones blind me most of the time as sex is such a powerful tool to bind people: mother nature is wise...bugger..
    A2Z
    A2Z

Most recent Video (audio) ("False Ecconomy of Nice Guy") Empty Re: Most recent Video (audio) ("False Ecconomy of Nice Guy")

Post by A2Z Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:33 pm

rosanerio wrote: mother nature is wise...

That has always been my fall back, as much as some of our problems are within the civilized world, we can't forget there is an unwritten set of rules mother nature plays by, and this possibly serves the one who uses the most energy
    rosanerio
    rosanerio

Post by rosanerio Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:11 pm

..I understand you A-Z...and the funny thing is, I've noticed that when you "travel the less traveled road" -to quote both Frost and Scott Peck- it seems like we tend to attract people who are diametrically in the other side of the road we've taken! 
    Yes, I agree with you that us girls, we can be nasty to each other- biology will explain that, but it's not an excuse for 21st century-technological-sophisticated-people.
    Maybe it's time to go 'inwards'? I don't know...

But, as I said, if we are open, we can always learn...and,eventually we bump into people who think like ourselves: until then.... Basketball
     Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:22 pm