Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

2 posters

Brene Brown and Boundaries

heliopsis

Brene Brown and Boundaries Empty Brene Brown and Boundaries

Post by heliopsis Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:03 pm

This is a 5 min Brene Brown clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NxB6c6d39A
    What is going on? It feels slippery or inauthentic though it seems to be saying the right things - boundaries are essential:
    boundaries + compassion = true compassion
    boundaries + empathy = real empathy
    But something does not feel right - is she helpful, neutral or tending toward harmful to people trying to heal and establish boundaries?

Also if the above equations are true then what are these:
    weak boundaries + compassion (or empathy) = ?
    porous boundaries + compassion (or empathy) = ?
    Brene doesn't say what these equations are.

I found the Brene link from Layla Loric's site. Watched it, feel weird about it and then saw she was interviewed by Oprah (hmm), also has done TED talks, etc. I'm in the first months of healing - Survival Kit, affirmations, Boundaries Course, meditation, journaling. So I'm going through some turbulence, as you have mentioned, so maybe it's me, but this clip and Brene ... seems (?) superficial, disingenuous (maybe a little too strong a word), not deeply informed (?) - despite her background. Her message seems to be pointing in the same direction as SLC or on a similar path. Yet I feel like something is off, like she is a pre-packaged granola bar - some of the right food components but now junk food - ? She seems to have credentials, large stages, saying the right things - but just not quite ... real maybe a touch of charlatan - ? Yes? or am I over-reacting in a turbulent establishing-personal-boundaries way?

Thanks,
    Shawna

Neowuf
    Neowuf

Brene Brown and Boundaries Empty Re: Brene Brown and Boundaries

Post by Neowuf Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:31 pm

weak boundaries + compassion (or empathy) = Co-Dependent

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:09 pm