Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

2 posters

CPTSD or PTSD Triggers

sara44
    sara44

CPTSD or PTSD Triggers Empty CPTSD or PTSD Triggers

Post by sara44 Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:58 am

How can one tell if they've been triggered (having an emotional flashback/re-experiencing) instead of just having experiencing something and having negative thoughts about it. The reason i ask is because i heard Richard say in one of his You Tube videos, referring to a person having some thoughts, "this is you having "negative thoughts", not you having an emotional flashback.

thanks and hope to hear from you soon,
    Sara
    wepnode
    wepnode

CPTSD or PTSD Triggers Empty Re: CPTSD or PTSD Triggers

Post by wepnode Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:46 pm

I can tell, because it lasts a minimum of two weeks, versus just experiencing something that

doesn't trigger my CPTSD.  It's an "inappropriate response".  I try and protect myself from spinning

out for weeks.  Knowing one's triggers is helpful, like knowing one's aura and triggers is helpful for

preventing migraines--because once either CPTSD or a migraine get going.....

With my partner, a few years in i realized that our emotional upset could be plotted in my head, and

while my partner's plotted a quick, extreme blip-- up, then down and apparently done--i would

continue vibrating.  It feels more whole body and accelerates, rather than just having negative

thoughts about something that just happened.  

Can i quell it, or not?  How powerful was the trigger?  The CPTSD is a viseral, accelerating fear,

(among other feelings).
    sara44
    sara44

Post by sara44 Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:53 am

i am amazed at such a thoughtful reply! Those things happen to me too. I appreciate you making that clearer for me. Thank you!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:45 pm