Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

Hi Richard

Sashade1990

Hi Richard Empty Hi Richard

Post by Sashade1990 Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:33 am

When you discover that almost your whole family has been under the wing of the narcissistic mother, and move on... How do you go about life establishing yourself when friends, significant others, etc, ask about your family?

My mother is extremely narcissistic, and had a lot of problems with everyone in the family, everyone in general. She would blame, shame, and take every single thing anyone did so personally. She believed everyone (including all family) was attacking her character. My entire life, she was the victim at all times and everyone still to this day, has to walk on eggshells around her. This made me believe as a young child, that it was everyone in the world that was terrible, but not her. I separated myself from my family and everyone else in my life and am almost a recluse, extremely cynical. The kicker now however, is that she has terminal bone cancer. She is very sick, but also relishes in using her sickness as a guilt trip, to acquire everyone's sympathy, and establish control. I'm torn.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:28 am