Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

Neuroscience research on brain "alignment" during human communication

SilverLining

Neuroscience research on brain "alignment" during human communication Empty Neuroscience research on brain "alignment" during human communication

Post by SilverLining Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:11 pm

I listened to a TED talk by neuroscientist, Uri Hasson, who researches human communication. Experiments from his lab reveal that even across different languages, our brains show similar activity patterns, referred to as "alignment" when we hear similar narratives or concepts. The link to this talk is below.  My question is whether this type of research may have bearing on how Cluster B personalities and the communication tactics they use to gaslight, reframe, exploit, dysregulate, etc. may have such devastating and long lasting effects on partners/targets/victims because of this "alignment" of brain activity discussed by Dr. Hasson.  The impact of dealing with Cluster B personality types, especially covert narcissists co-morbid with borderline (as I interpret the DSM criteria) was so intense for me that my thought patterns and emotions were warped, distorted, compulsive, and nightmarish for months after the contact ended. If my brain activity had become aligned with the Cluster B, then I was, in effect, thinking like a Cluster B...at least until it gradually subsided after contact ended.  This seems like very significant research on many levels and having broad application for all varieties of human relationship and interaction.

http://www.ted.com/talks/uri_hasson_this_is_your_brain_on_communication?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=image__2016-05-10

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:19 pm