Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

Trouble trusting my therapist

Lopiza

Trouble trusting my therapist Empty Trouble trusting my therapist

Post by Lopiza Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Hello...
    I was wondering if anyone had advice on how hard is it to trust your therapist.
    It's been a year now since I started therapy with her and just now I'm starting to fear and doubt her...
    I life with a narcissistic family. Had a narcissistic relationship about 5 years ago and still not over the affect. I've gone through a hole new perspective of life. I'm still very much isolated and afraid in my cage... And still dependent economically on my parents...
    When I started therapy I wanted to heal and work on being independent again, find a job and move out... And it's been 1 year now and still haven't even found a job...
    Yes, she has helped me to see a lot of things I ignored about my family. But does not push me on the getting out part. She says it good that I'm still there so I can deal with my codependency straight where it started and not rum away from it... I've had really good days but still go back to the same old patterns.
    She works with BioEnergetics (don't know if anyone has heard about that) So that's her approach on healing I guess and not so much coaching... It's a really intense therapy. I'm at a point I have to really let go and trust her and I fear constantly that I'm being manipulated...
    She has only 4 years of practice being a therapist. But before that many years of psychotherapy as a patient. And in several occasions has had dismissive comments about psychotherapy, saying it did not do much for her...
    I don't now if it's my fear in letting go again with out boundaries or it's really my intuition on not trusting her intentions or her expertise...
    Would really appreciate an opinion
    Thank you