Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

2 posters

Should I warn or not my friends ?

Intoxicated Diana

friends - Should I warn or not my friends ? Empty Should I warn or not my friends ?

Post by Intoxicated Diana Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:55 pm

Hello strangers,

Is the second time in the last 5 years, since I live abroad, when this shit happens to me. I'm definitely a people pleaser due to my childhood trauma and I suspect myself to have also this C-PSTD Syndrome (just have to read more about it), so I'm the fucking magnet of all psychopaths. I had the 'privilege' to meet this piece of shit through my small group of friends/acquaintances. He 'infected' my whole group and he continues playing the game with all the them. I'm the only one in the group who, after a sort of discarding, noticed that something's smelling bad. I'm in no contact since around 1 month, but I continue to hear stories from my friends - how nice the shit is, to which event are they going together, to which wedding I'm invited and surprise..the shit also! etc.

How should I proceed?
    A side of me wants to warn them to open the eyes, another side tells me - you will be exposed if you say something. I feel very frustrated, I blame myself that I wasn't able to recognise the pattern earlier - even if it wasn't for the first time dealing with shit and even if I felt that something was strange, I was like ignoring the reality, hypnotized. I feel also very tired of the whole charade.. and I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks a lot!
    daisy4

friends - Should I warn or not my friends ? Empty Re: Should I warn or not my friends ?

Post by daisy4 Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:03 pm

don't beat yourself up about not knowing what your weren't taught. its a process, albeit a rather painful one that many seem to be going through in learning how to look after ourselves from dysfunctional people.

Its a tough one eh? a part wants to inform them, yet another says 'head for the hills!'.  personally i bow out, as I've never found people to be too receptive to this sort of info. they rather shoot the messenger and say we are bitter etc.  thing is...these circles disperse anyway as a result of the npds manipulations.  maybe that would be the point to reach out to others?  revenge is a waste of your energy.  awareness will serve you better Wink  maybe even refocus on a different area of your life?  good distractions can work wonders to get some space from painful experiences.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:41 am