Richard Grannon Spartan Life Coach

Richard Grannon The Spartan Life Coach Narcissism Support

Rejection to authority figures

kibou

Post by kibou on Sat May 26, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi there!

This is related with things I am reading about criminal psychology, I lately came up with the idea that maybe the resistance I have to believe in God is rooted in the abusive experience of my narcissistic father. Maybe I identify any authority figure with my father, for this reason I cannot love God or anyone who represents some form of power over myself. How does this sound like? Does it make any sense?

I would say that maybe for the same reason people that were neglected children have this defiant attitude towards authority in general. They have this paranoid, constant sense of threat from authorities, like governments, the "system", . Authorities are always exploitative. Might be this, the-or-one of the, underlying reasons why any sense of authority causes so much rejection and it is highly triggering?

Just curious to find out a little bit more about the root causes, since there is a quite an alarming increase of hackers all around the world that feel they are fighting for the right cause.

I have the feeling that these individuals have C-PTSD and this is all related with childhood neglect... I also feel like they have a deep feeling of victimisation and paranoia, like, they feel a constant threat, and they do things because they are really running away. Of course, from the outside it does not look like this for most people.

Does this make any sense to anyone? Has anyone studied this a bit more? I found extremely helpful the video Richard did about counter dependency. Maybe if he can do a video focused on hacktivists we can save a few hundreds of disasters around the world..

Cheers and happy boundaries

JamieB

Re: Rejection to authority figures

Post by JamieB on Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:10 am

There’s some truth to this.. I think you might be onto something with the link between the abuse by authority figs when young and the reaction later in life. I still to this day become anxious in formal and corporate settings. I have tried to chase the cause down for some time, I’m getting better now but I still get triggered by a boardroom. I don’t know what it is, potentially it’s the fact that escape is not easy, one has to sit there and has lowered defenses. Some time ago, I developed a dreadful gut wrenching fear of flying. After reading a book on it I discovered the problem was that my anxiety coping style was to mobilise (flight) , which is not an appropriate strategy at 30 000 feet. I endeavoured to commit to staying on the plane (like I had another option anyway) and took a flight about a month later- no anxiety, love flying now. I haven’t had the same success with the authority figure thing so it’s a little more complicated. I think there may be some link between toxic shame and this predicament. John Bradshaw talks a lot on this and it appears that being “seen” can cause flashbacks, triggering etc.. it’s certainly true for me. By being seen, one feels “see through” exposed etc and the core root (pain) is exposed . Being “seen” in this way by an authority figures carries even more burden, so I wonder if it’s in some way linked to this toxic shame predicament.

Jamie.
    sara44

Post by sara44 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:53 am

you mentioned...I lately came up with the idea that maybe the resistance I have to believe in God is rooted in the abusive experience of my narcissistic father. Maybe I identify any authority figure with my father, for this reason I cannot love God or anyone who represents some form of power over myself. How does this sound like? Does it make any sense?

that makes perfect sense and from personal experience i definitely know that our earthly fathers are what we think of when we think of our heavenly father (and in your case, your narcissistic father would not enable you to think of God as a loving father because, well, narcissists don't exhibit real love.

Yes, God is powerful, yet he is also Love (and not the kind of love that narcissists call love - that's a very twisted interpretation of love.). God's character is good even though we don't always understand how he uses his power. That is not to say that he kills babies without blinking - it's vital to know that there is also a spiritual force that is evil that is the Prince of this world and he is in control of what happens here. God is all powerful and limits this evil force in ways his wisdom does, and even though we don't (and can't) understand totally the mind of God nor his reasonings always, we CAN know his character and that is definitely something we as victims of abuse can trust.

Learning about God's character will ease a lot of your hesitancy. God is love and love is in control, that is how the power is used - in a loving way, not an evil way. Of course we would resist a God who would use power over us not in our best benefit. The best way to know God's character is to know that He died for you - now that's love. He wants to have a relationship with you. He wants to care for you and rescue you from the evil in this world.

if we are taught that God is a God of rules and is a punisher, our opinion of him would be to cower from him.
    if we see him as a loving father who would sacrifice himself for your behalf and watch over you as his little lamb then you may warm up to him easier.

Focus on his character
    https://www.jesusfilm.org/watch/jesus.html/english.html

AS FAR AS EVIL GOES, yes, there is evil in the world and i bet you'd really enjoy reading all about Spiritual Warfare - the battle is real and you could be a great warrior - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkgUr2RyBu4

i wish you the very best
    https://www.life.church/media/ghost/

if you are spiritually curious...
    https://www.life.church/who-we-are/?utm_source=life.church&utm_medium=website&utm_content=Header-WhoWeAre&utm_campaign=Life.Church

video messages
    https://www.life.church/media/messages/

chat
    church online
    https://live.life.church/?utm_source=life.church&utm_medium=website&utm_content=Header-Live&utm_campaign=Life.Church

Sponsored content

Re: Rejection to authority figures

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:39 pm